Friday, October 08, 2010

Dessertherapy @ Crêpe Cottage

All of a sudden, I miss Penang, tremendously >.< Though she is just a stone's throw away from this lush green forest, I can't be home until at least 3 weeks from now ... how pathetic!! So, I decided to share a new option with all the dessert lovers (especially Lili Tan ..)

This cottage (is indeed a COTTAGE, we missed it thrice before the excruciating parking experience @ Coffee Island car park) is a home-inspired cafe situated on Gurney Drive. Expect to see no clothed-tables and cutlery, nor highly-trained waiters and romantic ambiance. Warm is the most appropriate word to describe this little place. Forget about the main courses (I haven't got the chance to try yet), the desserts were exquisite~~



Presenting my Mango Cup. I had never in my life consumed a crispy coconut crêpe, which is a sort of pancake. Whatsmore, home-made mango ice cream!!! With nuts as toppings, I was surprised by the luxury underneath the scoops of mango ice-cream. There were more fresh mangoes!!! And guess what? Mango + mango ice-cream = neutral. Ngam ngam! The mixture was just not too sweet.
 
Magical sensation I would say. Just like love at the first sight(WTF.. haha!)
 Here's me looking a lil bit awkward with the orange background and my orange Mango Cup

Hui Lun's Sunburst. Attractive deco, beautiful name and tasted more or less like mine.And underneath the mango and ice cream and mango, there was a freshly-baked pancake.
Kudos to the mango ice-creams once more. Love it love it love it!



Our Certificate of Contribution - to the recession ^.^ They weren't too expensive. Taking into consideration the pic below.
-
--
-
--
-
--


The portions . Haha. Was just too big a portion for girls. The leftovers. Sharing is most recommended. 
As sharing is loving (...........)


The mango ice cream reminds me of an era - mom's era. whereby a scoop of home-made ice cream sold by vendors cost like 20sen? and now that we can hardly find home-made ice-cream, that we have to drive all the way down Gurney Drive just to have a taste of it, that it costs more than RM3 per scoop, that there are even leftovers after all the hardships. May be this is the so-called lifestyle. I don't know....

No comments: