Sunday, September 29, 2013

Kuching/Sarawak Delights along Carpenter Street


"Carpenter Street" was first heard of last year when my Sarawakian colleague YS  happily suggested we going for lunch in a restaurant so named along Bayan Baru. I was made known that it is a street with shops selling lotsa local Chinese delights!

Inevitably, during a recent trip to Kuching, we chose to overnight in one of the fabulous hostels situated exactly 1-minute walk from the famous street.


 We hunted for our breaky on this street on daily basis throughout our stay. 
I have no idea how to relate "Ya Ta Jie" (Chinese) with "Carpenter Street" =(


 
True blue Sarawak kolomee we had in the so called "Temple".  After having kolomee for 3 consecutive days in Kuching, I still think the one sold in the Palazzo tasted best!

 
 Sarawak laksa. YS said this' the spiciest food in Sarawak - that's why I love Sarawak so much (The fact that I despise spicy food doesn't make me any less Malaysian!!!)

The "Temple" enriching our gastronomical adventure.  Highly recommended by some locals.

No comments: